Domestic Shipping Addresses
Should I use USPS postal service or UPS?
The main distinction is this: UPS enables you to track your package hourly as it moves through their system. USPS only offers delivery confirmation.
- We can track your package daily and it's fully insured for replacement against damage or theft. Typically UPS can cost as much as $2-$5 dollars more than USPS.
- UPS gives you choice of: Ground, 3-day select, 2nd day air or red label overnight shipping.
- UPS does not deliver to post office boxes.
USPS: United States Postal Service
- If you wish to ship to a P.O. Box please chose the USPS shipping method. Packages are not trackable but delivery confirmation is provided.
First Class mail
- For items less than 1lb in weight with a delivery time of 2-3 days.
- If First Class Mail does not appear as an option in your shipping menu, the total weight of your package is too heavy.
- We offer this category as an option for customers ordering only single, lightweight items such as: Pewter jewelry, checkbooks, cardholders, small eReader covers that weigh less than a pound, wallets.
- Lower cost by several dollars than UPS. Takes 2-3 days to most destinations.
- Packages cannot be tracked but USPS does provide a delivery confirmation.
- Insurance coverage up to $100 is included in the price of your mailing.
- Essentially overnight shipping from USPS though it can take 1-2 days.
- Costs differ depending on location but can be as much as $15-25.
- Express mail packages are insured up to $500.
First Class International Mail: BUYER BEWARE!!
This option is NOT RECOMMENDED unless you are content with up to a 2 month wait or lost package! If you select this shipping method we will be unable to replace your purchase for up to 2 months. Although the least expensive option, it can be the most frustrating. Delivery is slow – 20 days to 2 months – unpredictable and impossible to track as no tracking number is provided. We ask that you wait the full 2 months before contacting us for concerns regarding non-delivery of your order. We are unable to investigate/or replace an order shipped via First Class International Mail before that time period has passed.
VAT and Customs Charges
We have no control over whether or not you will be charged a VAT customs fee and /or third party handling charges. Currently, almost all packages incur assorted customs charges, therefore we don’t incorporate these fees into our prices automatically. Contact your own country’s Customs department to establish an estimated cost. In the UK, Postal Force 3rd party handling charges are exceptionally steep. Unfortunately, Oberon Design cannot be responsible for these types of charges nor can we describe your package as a gift or sample. Thanks for your understanding of the potential costs involved. Please note that our products may trigger a customs inspection in countries that restrict the import of animal bi products (leather) or that censor books (Oberon journals).
Flat Rate Shipping Eligibility: For more information on less expensive flat rate shipping see the shipping detail pages or our FAQ section.International Shipping Methods
Priority Mail International
Canada, Great Britain , Northern Ireland & Australia
- The best overall option, this method typically costs somewhere between $15-30. Only use Express Mail if you're frantic for your package or independently wealthy!
- We can’t afford to replace packages that are lost or stolen, unless it was an error on the part of Oberon Design.
- If your package fits the criteria for Small Flat Rate Box shipping explained below, it will be your least expensive method of shipping. If you don’t see your country listed in our drop down please contact us by email for more information.
- Though not listed in the drop down window, the most inexpensive shipping method we offer is Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box. The flat rate is a 6-10 day delivery time ($10.60 for Canada and $12.30 for the other’s listed). Your next, least expensive shipping alternative is Priority mail or the very risky First Class option.
- First Class Mail International is for items less than 1lb in weight with a delivery time of 2-3 days. If First Class Mail International does not appear as an option in your shipping menu, the total weight of your package is too heavy. We offer this category as an option for customers ordering only single, lightweight items such as: Pewter jewelry, checkbooks, cardholders, small eReader covers that weigh less than a pound and wallets.
- If your order qualifies for the Flat Box Rate, please email us for a quote. We cannot quote shipping amounts without knowing what you are ordering (to calculate the weight) and your complete address. Thank You!